* Followed by 34 people on Facebook with likes and encouraging comments.
* Donations to RCET as at 17th May £652.
* Photo with most likes (21) - me with the three American girls.
* I did it in 6 days. Apart from the
three American girls, and two Scottish nurses everyone I met took 7 or more days.
* The schedule:
Day 1 - Milngavie to Dryden 12 miles
Day 2 - Dryden to Rowardennan 15 miles
Day 3 - Rowardennan to Crianlarich 21 miles
Day 4 - Crialarich to Bridge of Orchy 15 miles
Day 5 - Bridge of Orchy to Kinlochleven 20 miles
Day 6 Kinlochleven to Fort William 15 miles
Total - 98 miles.
* Most difficult stretch - roughly 12 miles between Rowardennan
and Inveranan day 3 along the loch side; arrived at Crianlarich, my destination, just before 10.00 pm.
* Historical references were to: Sir Walter Scott's Rob Roy; R.L. Stevenson' Kidnapped; John Prebble''S Massacre at Glencoe; John Buchan's Montrose
(on the battle of Inverlochy).
* Enjoying - 'To travel is much better than to arrive' RL.L. Stevenson.
* Crossing the finish line - 'There must be a beginning of any great matter but the continuing unto the end until it be thoroughly finished
yields the true gmlory'. Sir Francis Drake.